Grant Writer (PT – 15 hours per week)
Salary: $30-$45 per hour
Reports to: Head of School
The Grant Writer is responsible for procuring grants from foundations (local, national, or family), individuals and potentially local, state, or federal government agencies to support programs and operations at NativityMiguel Middle School of Buffalo. The Grant Writer prepares proposals and submits applications to granting entities establishing the necessary controls to effectively utilize funding in compliance with grantor
This is a part time, 15 hour per week, non-exempt position. The Grant Writer has the ability to attend various evening and weekend commitments as needed. A hybrid (remote/in person) work schedule can be discussed as an option. Hourly rate ranges between $30 to $45 per hour and is determined based on the candidate’s experience and skill level.
- Conduct prospect research and identify potential corporate, private foundation, individual, and government funders who can support the needs of the school
- Steward current funders while pursuing new funding opportunities
- Discuss program requirements and sources of funds available with administrative personnel, including but not limited to the Head of School and Director of Development and Marketing.
- Confer with school leadership, faculty, and staff affected by proposed program to develop program goals and objectives, outline how funds are to be used and explain procedures necessary to obtain funding
- Write grant application according to format required, and submit application to foundation in accordance with grantor’s requirements and deadlines
- Direct and coordinate evaluation and monitoring of grant funded programs as required by funder
- Maintain grants calendar with deadlines for proposal submission and reports
- Assist with development/donor relations and foundations fundraising events as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- A bachelor’s degree is required
- Proven excellent written, oral communications, electronic and presentation skills
- Solid analytic and organizational skills
- Detail oriented and excellent time management skills
- Ability to work independently and produce high quality work while meeting deadlines
- Ability and experience working productively both independently and as part of a team
- Initiative, resourcefulness, and problem-solving capabilities
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented
- Attention to detail
- Effective interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of donor and event databases (eTapestry, GiveSmart).
- Proficient in the use of MS Office (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Strong work ethic
- Willingness to learn
- Minimum of three (3) years of Grant Writing experience required.
- Be comfortable with the school’s faith-based mission to provide a fresh start for children grades 5-8
- Comply with the Safe Environment Program of the Diocese of Buffalo
- Have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit resume, cover letter and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Teaching positions, both full and part time, may be available.