The NativityMiguel Middle School of Buffalo
CAPITAL CAMPAIGN DIRECTOR
The NativityMiguel Middle School (nativitymiguelbuffalo.org) is a faith-based middle school transforming the lives of underserved students in a secure and nurturing environment on single gender campuses. In partnership with our families, we deliver a uniquely effective education that includes an extended school day and school year, dedicated and caring teachers, personal mentoring and continuing support through high school graduation.
Unlike most non-public schools, NativityMiguel does not rely on tuition income to fund operating expenses, but relies instead on the success of the school’s advancement efforts and the generosity of the community. The Capital Campaign Director works directly with, supports, reports to and is accountable to the school’s President in meeting the fundraising goals of a multi-million comprehensive campaign. The Capital Campaign Director also works closely with the Campaign Steering Committee, the school’s Advancement Team and when appropriate the Board of Trustees and Advancement Committee.
This is a full-time position for the duration of the campaign, approximately three years.
- Work closely with the President and the Campaign Steering Committee to implement the campaign strategy, managing all stages of the campaign for the achievement of established revenue goals of a multifaceted capital campaign through to completion.
- Work closely with the President, the Campaign Steering Committee and Advancement Staff to identify donor prospects, develop and execute cultivation strategies and acquire major gifts as requited to reach established campaign revenue goals.
- Establish the campaign’s solicitation priorities, manage prospect lists, prospect research and prospect tracking. Develop and execute cultivation plans and strategies in collaboration with the President, Campaign Steering Committee and NativityMiguel Advancement Staff.
- Work collaboratively with the President, Campaign Steering Committee, Marketing Agency, Grant Consultant and Advancement Staff to prepare the case statement, brochures and campaign collateral.
- Work collaboratively with the President, Campaign Steering Committee, Marketing Agency, Social Media Consultant, the NativityMiguel Communications Committee and Advancement Staff, to develop the campaign’s communications plan including print media, web and social media platforms.
- As appropriate, liaise with selected architectural firms during the planning process to develop materials that can effectively communicate the building redevelopment vision.
- Devise and direct cultivation and recognition events ensuring donor acknowledgement, stewardship and, as appropriate, public recognition.
- Develop and execute targeted cultivation plans and solicitation strategies, including meeting requests, meeting follow up and preparation of proposals. Cultivate identified individuals and institutional prospects in order to complete solicitations. Provide guidance and coaching when necessary including being present during solicitations when required.
- Manage Capital Campaign budget tracking and reporting both expenditure and contributed revenue.
- Direct the process for ensuring all related prospect and donor information is recorded and tracked, and prepare presentations for the Executive Leadership, Steering Committee and Board of Trustees evaluating progress towards goals.
- Manage all campaign gift correspondence, including timely acknowledgments, pledge payment reminders, pledge agreements and preparing and submitting reports to donors and those required by granting foundations and institutions.
- Oversee process for gift recognition and proper implementation of naming opportunities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred.
- 5+ years of successful fundraising experience, preferably within a cultural or community focused institution, and with a focus on Capital Campaigns.
- Proven track record of successfully securing major gift support, with a focus of completing and closing 6 figure asks.
- Experience of leading and directing capital campaigns with the ability to oversee and control campaign budget.
- Established connections within the Western New York cultural and philanthropic communities.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills, with the capability of developing effective and collegial relationships with peers, Executive Leadership and Board Members
- Experience working with donor management software and Microsoft Office
- Ability to organize, prioritize and execute responsibilities in the face of conflicting priorities
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends
- Valid New York State Driver’s License and reliable transportation
After reviewing information on the school’s website and social media, www.nativitymiguelbuffalo.org, please submit a letter of interest, resume and at least two references to Nancy Langer, President at email@example.com.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Posting Date: November 21, 2018. Position will stay open until filled.