Mayor Brown is calling on teenagers, ages 13 to 18, to take part in weekly challenges, posted on his Instagram page, that will help spread the message about the importance of staying home and practicing social distancing.
He is calling on teenagers, ages 13 to 18, to take part in weekly challenges, posted on his Instagram page, that will help spread the message about the importance of staying home and practicing social distancing.
Mayor Brown is asking teens to pledge to:
• Stay home as much as possible
• Do not meet friends in groups of any size
• Do not play sports of any kind in public spaces or with anyone who does not live in your home
• Take part in weekly #BuffaloPAUSE – Powered by AT&T challenges posted on Mayor Brown’s Instagram Page
Each week, beginning the week of Monday, April 20th and continuing through the week of June 8th, a new challenge will be posted on Mayor Brown’s Instagram Page.
• Teen participants are asked to make a related Instagram post, showing how they are passing the time in a creative, productive, or fun way
• All participants have until Saturday at 11:59 p.m. to post and #BuffaloPAUSE
• Each week, up to 50 participants will receive a $20 Amazon gift card
Participants have to be between the ages of 13 and 18, reside in the City of Buffalo, and have a public profile on Instagram to enter.
All entries must take place at home indoors or outdoors following proper social distancing guidelines.
Only one submission per person or from a social media account can win each week. If you have been selected, you will receive a Direct Message with a link to fill out a form to process your gift card.
“Our teens make a positive difference on the screen and the streets and today I’m calling on them to harness the power of technology and take part in #BuffaloPAUSE- Powered by AT&T in an effort to help me send a clear message to our young people that staying home and practicing physical distancing is the best way to slow the spread of COVID-19 and keep our community safe,” said Mayor Brown.